General Category > LisaList2

LisaEm Debugger

<< < (2/4) > >>

stepleton:
This is exciting!

I haven't looked at the code, but what's the reason not to kludge in your EASy68k assembler core? Are you looking for something different?

rayarachelian:

--- Quote from: D.Finni on July 29, 2020, 12:32:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: rayarachelian on July 28, 2020, 11:20:40 pm ---Hmmm, I think I found something!

--- End quote ---
Nice detective work!

--- Quote from: rayarachelian on July 29, 2020, 09:42:04 am ---But generator only has a disassembler. Is there GPL'ed C code out there you're aware of that I might be able to use?

--- End quote ---
Not that I know of, but I will look around.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. But there might be lots more, or this might be it. Too early to tell. and I need to revert the 32bit stuff as well, while re-merging all the new changes. So that smells painful.

--- Quote from: stepleton on July 29, 2020, 02:18:35 pm ---This is exciting!

I haven't looked at the code, but what's the reason not to kludge in your EASy68k assembler core? Are you looking for something different?

--- End quote ---

Was looking for something... um, smaller and simpler. I guess I could strip a lot of it off. don't know if I have the patience to retrofit it, there's a lot of other stuff I'd rather spend cycles on.

It's weird, almost every 68k debugger has a disassembler, from macsbug to resedit, but almost none (except resourcerer, if I recall) have a mini-assembler.
I vaguely recall some DCMD existed to add an assembler to macsbug.

I recall the good old days of the commodore 128 which had a built in monitor (power on + hit run/stop) which had an assembler too and it was very useful.
Wanting something like that.

D.Finni:
Could you use the portable GNU 68K assembler? I presume it's GPL licensed...  :P

m68k-linux-gnu-as

Or what about the A68K assembler?

rayarachelian:
These might both be interesting. I'm looking for their source code now. I'd have to strip all the symbol handling and any listing output, S-records output and all the bells and whistles, etc. just want a plain parser that reads in a single line and produces 2-16 bytes of binary.

The EAS assembly might do, but too many source files and too much features to turn off. Might be the same with gas and a68k, but at least now I have some choices.

We can add Lisa related symbols from symbols.c which has some stuff from the ROM as well as the I/O devices and other stuff. Might be able to scan running code for symbols as well. But basically I only need it to do something like:

--- Code: ---A 1/0012300 MOVE.L D0,D1

--- End code ---

D.Finni:
Could you open a pipe to the GNU assembler (or whichever binary is available) and pass it a couple lines, then get back its output?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version