LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eBay Alert: 3rd Party Lisa 1 Software  (Read 4606 times)

blusnowkitty

eBay Alert: 3rd Party Lisa 1 Software
« on: August 19, 2020, 05:42:34 pm »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Lisa-1-One-Computer-5-25-Twiggy-Disks-Software-Fitness-Lot-Set-New-Rare/264837264375

Now here's something that might have been previously unknown? Looks like it's a business management suite called The Software Fitness Program. Brand-new, still in the shrinkwrapping. It's only briefly mentioned in this Apple Sales Marketing Binder as an application for XENIX ( http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/apple/lisa/marketing/Lisa_Sales_Marketing_Binder_Feb84.pdf - PDF Page 273) as well as over here on an old Infoworld article where versions apparently existed for Altos computers and a couple of Japanese microcomputers (minicomputers?).

Make Offer is enabled on this listing so if anyone's got a Lisa 1 and a good bit of cash, this would probably be something very nice to have archived. I've reuploaded the pictures again so we have a record of what the box looked like.
You haven't lived until you've heard the sound of a Sony 400k drive.

blusnowkitty

Re: eBay Alert: 3rd Party Lisa 1 Software
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 09:03:42 am »

Lisa2

• Administrator
  • See why 1983 was more like Y2K...
    • Lisa2.com
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 11:23:28 pm »

This appears to be a clip art collection for the Lisa in LisaDraw format.

stepleton

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 06:25:24 pm »

Thanks for continuing to post these items. For my own hobby, these last two are a bit too high-priced for what they are, although I wish we could save them all. I hope you keep sharing these finds!

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • writing the code,writing the code,writing the code
    • LisaEm
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 11:25:01 am »

Looks like the price of Art Dept. dropped a bit, but the blocker for me is the lack of twiggy drives. If I were to rescue this, I'd want to scan in the manuals and get the twiggies imaged with BLU. Lacking a drive is a big issue though.
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

blusnowkitty

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 04:16:10 pm »

Looks like the price of Art Dept. dropped a bit, but the blocker for me is the lack of twiggy drives. If I were to rescue this, I'd want to scan in the manuals and get the twiggies imaged with BLU. Lacking a drive is a big issue though.

Same here, I'd love to get my hands on a couple of Twiggy drives and de-convert my 2/5 back to a 1/5. Anybody willing to part with a couple? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up