LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2019.06.07 fixed NChat for the "Curve" theme, will eventually move it to its own page and add it to the default theme as well. Other plugins are next. see post in the Meta board for details

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eBay Alert: 3rd Party Lisa 1 Software  (Read 452 times)

blusnowkitty

eBay Alert: 3rd Party Lisa 1 Software
« on: August 19, 2020, 05:42:34 pm »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Lisa-1-One-Computer-5-25-Twiggy-Disks-Software-Fitness-Lot-Set-New-Rare/264837264375

Now here's something that might have been previously unknown? Looks like it's a business management suite called The Software Fitness Program. Brand-new, still in the shrinkwrapping. It's only briefly mentioned in this Apple Sales Marketing Binder as an application for XENIX ( http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/apple/lisa/marketing/Lisa_Sales_Marketing_Binder_Feb84.pdf - PDF Page 273) as well as over here on an old Infoworld article where versions apparently existed for Altos computers and a couple of Japanese microcomputers (minicomputers?).

Make Offer is enabled on this listing so if anyone's got a Lisa 1 and a good bit of cash, this would probably be something very nice to have archived. I've reuploaded the pictures again so we have a record of what the box looked like.
You haven't lived until you've heard the sound of a Sony 400k drive.

blusnowkitty

Re: eBay Alert: 3rd Party Lisa 1 Software
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 09:03:42 am »

Lisa2

• Administrator
  • See why 1983 was more like Y2K...
    • Lisa2.com
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 11:23:28 pm »

This appears to be a clip art collection for the Lisa in LisaDraw format.

stepleton

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 06:25:24 pm »

Thanks for continuing to post these items. For my own hobby, these last two are a bit too high-priced for what they are, although I wish we could save them all. I hope you keep sharing these finds!

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • "But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game"
    • LisaEm
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 11:25:01 am »

Looks like the price of Art Dept. dropped a bit, but the blocker for me is the lack of twiggy drives. If I were to rescue this, I'd want to scan in the manuals and get the twiggies imaged with BLU. Lacking a drive is a big issue though.
Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'  The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

blusnowkitty

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 04:16:10 pm »

Looks like the price of Art Dept. dropped a bit, but the blocker for me is the lack of twiggy drives. If I were to rescue this, I'd want to scan in the manuals and get the twiggies imaged with BLU. Lacking a drive is a big issue though.

Same here, I'd love to get my hands on a couple of Twiggy drives and de-convert my 2/5 back to a 1/5. Anybody willing to part with a couple? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up