General Category > LisaList2

List of All Lisa Software

<< < (2/19) > >>

rayarachelian:
UniPlus comes from real AT&T unix (lowercase I believe), made by UniSoft - they made bespoke unix software for many vendors, Apple included. A/UX comes from UniPlus as well, but possibly a later versions. bitsavers has source code for some of the kernel and tools.

I first learned Basic, then 6502 assembly on the commodore lines (first Pets, then vic20, then c64, then c128), then in high school had access to real IBM 5150 PCs and learned turbo pascal. I really liked Pascal, but mostly because of the IDE. That is, until I learned C and then never looked back at Pascal again. :) I dislike pascal now. Like you said, too primitive. I know some folks around these parts like it and will defend it.

D.Finni:

--- Quote from: blusnowkitty on September 24, 2020, 12:23:35 pm ---Also, I noticed that Lisa Workshop C made it to Bitsavers just a couple months ago so I might have to see about playing with that to see if you can write Office System applications in Lisa C.

--- End quote ---
Don't count on it unless you have an early beta version of Workshop C. The newer versions of Lisa Workshop C are cross-compilers only for Macintosh.

I have only a single Workshop C disk, version 0.9.6.

stepleton:
Whoa, what? When did these Lisa C things turn up? I think I need to subscribe to some kind of newsfeed...

That marketing binder mentions that there was a company out there working on an APL environment for Lisa, if memory serves. I would love to get my hands on anything like that, assuming it ever saw the light of day!

It does occur to me that there are a few more recent pieces of Lisa software that are absent from your list :)
Minimally I think BLU ought to be mentioned---it's probably one of the most popular Lisa programs around!

D.Finni:
I just investigated the Workshop C on Bitsavers and on Disk 2 it has headers only for Macintosh, dated August 1985. I think it's safe to say that this is the Macintosh-only version of Workshop C.

As for my single Workshop C disk, I am less sure. But the file catalog shows an awful lot of Mac-only files.

blusnowkitty:
I suppose if someone really wanted to, they could adapt the Macintosh C SDK into a Lisa C SDK. If the compiler runs on Lisa...

New tab's added for more modern-day releases like BLU and Tom's various github releases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version