General Category > LisaList2

List of All Lisa Software

<< < (18/19) > >>

applefreak:
Back in 1984, i visited the Flanders Technology exhibition (Belgium) experiencing the Apple Lisa and Radar CH (first version of ArchiCad) very promising.
I am a Archicad user since 1989, version 3

In 2003 I contacted Graphisoft, asking for a copy, but never got an answer.

GRAPHISOFT SE. Graphisoft Park 1, H-1031 Budapest, Hungary
https://graphisoft.com/

Radar CH   1984   Apple Lisa   Separate 2D and 3D module

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Getting-started/Archicad-versions/ta-p/304207

andrew:

--- Quote from: applefreak on March 01, 2024, 03:55:51 am ---Back in 1984, i visited the Flanders Technology exhibition (Belgium) experiencing the Apple Lisa and Radar CH (first version of ArchiCad) very promising.

--- End quote ---

I'd love to get of a copy of this. Do you remember if they mentioned if the software was past the prototype stage on the Lisa?

applefreak:

--- Quote from: andrew on March 01, 2024, 12:34:46 pm ---I'd love to get of a copy of this. Do you remember if they mentioned if the software was past the prototype stage on the Lisa?

--- End quote ---

You are not the only one

Radar CH is listed in the ArchiCAD versions, I don't think they are doing this with a prototype

andrew:
I only ask because so far, after a little bit of digging, I've been unable to find any direct screenshots or more detailed information about it, although I found what appear to be screenshots and video of ArchiCAD v1.0 for the Mac. Hopefully this wasn't a case of them developing it for the Lisa originally, only to pivot to a Mac version when it was clear the Lisa's OS wasn't going to be widely supported in the future.

Video of ArchiCAD v1

There's also this manual for sale on ebay. I'd buy it but they don't ship to the US. Maybe this will have more information?

blusnowkitty:
So a while ago I asked if anyone had a copy of Videx Desktop Calendar archived as it was posted to LisaList1 way back when and then lost. Bitsavers does have a copy of something called "DESKTOP CALENDAR 9/9" that I thought was Videx Desktop Calendar.

Not long after that question, I found an original copy of Videx Desktop Calendar on eBay for cheap, so I picked it up because I thought it'd be a cool trophy piece to have an original copy, even though we already have a good dump of the disk from someone else - or so I thought.

Tonight, I started reformatting my Lisa because the attendees at VCF absolutely trashed my X/Profile's filesystem. Whoops. While reloading software I thought "Hey, let's pop in this Videx disk just to make sure my Sony drive is still OK." Then I noticed the icons on the disk were completely different to the icons in the "DESKTOP CALENDAR 9/9" disk image - the icons are wayyyyy more detailed. (Calendar Comparison.png: DESKTOP CALENDAR 9/9 is the top set, Videx is the bottom set.)

So of course I had to immediately stop what I was doing and grabbed my BLU CF card and started to dump the disk... and now I think my Zilog SCC is dead. It'll receive bytes no problem, but only spews out garbage on the transmit side. Oh well, I have a 603e Mac clone running 8.6 that still works great, so I just dumped the disk there instead.

Unfortunately while it appears the disk dumped okay the software was copy protected and LisaEm with the special Serial FF00 set won't get past it. Someone can get past it I'm sure but it's late and I'm tired now. Attached is a copy of the disk image for someone to try and bust!

Here's an old ad for Videx Desktop Calendar on Applefritter. It seems the Videx calendar is way more feature-rich than DESKTOP CALENDAR 9/9 is. It's like your Outlook calendar, but in 1984... https://www.applefritter.com/content/videx-lisa-desktop-calendar-ad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version