LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lisa 1 Popped Up on eBay  (Read 3236 times)

blusnowkitty

Lisa 1 Popped Up on eBay
« on: December 04, 2020, 10:51:28 pm »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredibly-Rare-Apple-Lisa-1-Computer-Working-Complete-Excellent-Condition/164558892484

Too rich for my blood, but cool anyway! Also of note is that it's got a prototype keyboard with it.
You haven't lived until you've heard the sound of a Sony 400k drive.

stepleton

Re: Lisa 1 Popped Up on eBay
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 08:35:06 am »

I like how on one of the expansion slot covers, there's a big arrow in black marker pointing to the upper port of a missing parallel port card.

The keyboard does look like a prototype, although I'd thought that some "old layout" Lisa keyboards had some differences around the right-hand option key. (Unfortunately my googling and my searches of various hardware manuals are failing me now.)

Aside from the different text styles on some of the keycaps (making me suspect that some of the caps were scavenged), the big difference that stands out to me is the keypad has '/' and '-' keys on top where '-' and '+' usually go. In fact, if you believe the keycaps, the keypad has two '/' keys :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:41:27 am by stepleton »

stepleton

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 08:37:23 am »

btw, "scavenged" doesn't mean that I suspect the seller is pulling a fast one --- I can imagine an in-house test machine being knocked together out of spare bits.

Todd

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 01:27:25 pm »

Thanks for showing this!
Pages: [1]   Go Up