LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lisa Monitor  (Read 4283 times)

D.Finni

Lisa Monitor
« on: November 09, 2020, 11:19:49 am »

I'm looking for some Lisa Monitor disks from about November or December 1983 that were used for Mac cross-development. I did not see all of what I was looking for in the bitsavers archive. This was a set of (3) 5.25" disks: one had Monitor 12.2 Boot, and another one was called ROM7. These were seeded to Mac developers, so I've got a feeling that someone still has these disks sitting in his disk library somewhere.... :-)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:21:57 am by D.Finni »

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • writing the code,writing the code,writing the code
    • LisaEm
Re: Lisa Monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 11:46:49 am »

I'd suggest trying to see if it's in one of these zips: https://ftp.apple.asimov.net/images/applelisa/
Maybe vol4 or Vol5, but the JPGs show they're likely twiggies.

(note the SSL cert there is broken, you'll have to accept an exception to access it.)
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

D.Finni

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 08:05:07 pm »

It is not there. Unless someone has specific knowledge of where this disk can be found, I doubt it's anywhere online. The bitsavers directory has just about every Monitor twiggy disk except this one for Mac crossdev.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 08:16:08 pm by D.Finni »

D.Finni

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 01:58:23 pm »

I published my article Macintosh Development in the Dark Ages without having this particular disk.

But I would like to have a copy of this Monitor disk for Macintosh development so I can research it and improve the article on early Macintosh development, pre-1984.

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • writing the code,writing the code,writing the code
    • LisaEm
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 04:58:37 pm »

I published my article Macintosh Development in the Dark Ages without having this particular disk.

But I would like to have a copy of this Monitor disk for Macintosh development so I can research it and improve the article on early Macintosh development, pre-1984.

Well done. :) I'd suggest trying to send a direct message to David T. Craig on here to see if he has that disk by some chance. That would likely be your best bet.It's possible that Andy of folklore.org might still have something or know of someone that might have it. I'd reach out there too.
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

D.Finni

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 02:32:03 pm »

Yes, on my to do list to contact them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up