LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LisaEM crashes with ipc=NULL  (Read 2534 times)

MidnightThunder

LisaEM crashes with ipc=NULL
« on: July 02, 2023, 02:03:12 pm »

This seems to occur when booting from the Lisa Office System install disk. I cannot try booting from a hard disk because I have not been able to install the OS. Also it still shows ROMless boot even when I have a ROM image selected. I have attached a screenshot of the error message.

---
By the way I am new here, and new to internet forums to general, so I hope I am doing this right.
---

jamesdenton

• Administrator
  • ArcaneByte
    • ArcaneByte
Re: LisaEM crashes with ipc=NULL
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 04:28:44 pm »

Hi there.

Welcome to the forum! You're definitely doing it right.

I have found that selecting ROM mode vs romless requires you to close and reopen the program for the changes to take effect. You might give that a shot and report back.

MidnightThunder

Re: LisaEM crashes with ipc=NULL
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 04:53:31 am »

It now sees my rom and boots from the floppy and I can get past the first few steps of the installer but after it tries to initialize the hard disk for a while the Lisa displays the error "The Lisa Office System startup software could not be installed because the Lisa could not write to the disk. Call a qualified service representative for help."

Suddenly it can write to the hard disk, I think my antivirus was getting in the way, I added the folder LisaEm was in as an exception and now it works.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 05:06:58 am by MidnightThunder »
Pages: [1]   Go Up