LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2019.06.07 fixed NChat for the "Curve" theme, will eventually move it to its own page and add it to the default theme as well. Other plugins are next. see post in the Meta board for details

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allowable uploads?  (Read 201 times)

sigma7

• Administrator
  • Warning: Memory errors found. Verify comments.
Allowable uploads?
« on: March 08, 2021, 03:39:23 pm »

Hi Folks,

Apologies if this is stated somewhere:

What is the policy regarding uploads of Lisa ROM images and/or ROM source code?

The essence of these uploads is already available in some form at Bitsavers (binary images and/or source); my uploads would differ in patches (binary and source) and some disassembly listings.

If not acceptable here, suggestions for durable alternates would be appreciated. (Aside from Bitsavers.org, where I presume there is a substantial delay time between submission and availability.)

Cheers,

James
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.

stepleton

Re: Allowable uploads?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 04:33:11 pm »

I don't know the local policy, but if it's helpful, I've found GitHub to be an accommodating host for my weekend warrior reverse-engineering, and archive.org hosts a lot of ROM images (and seem quite dedicated to durability!).

sigma7

• Administrator
  • Warning: Memory errors found. Verify comments.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 08:24:30 pm »

GitHub seems appropriate (not 100% convinced about long-term durability, but close).

However, it also seems devilishly complicated for someone who just wants to post some stuff and isn't experienced with version control. I'll go through the guides and see if I get anywhere.

Thanks,
James

edit: as one would expect, the terms of service of Archive.org and GitHub preclude posting something potentially copyright infringing. I think that leaves LisaList2 and BitSavers as the durable repositories. I'll post the stuff here.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 02:03:00 pm by sigma7 »
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.

Lisa2

• Administrator
  • See why 1983 was more like Y2K...
    • Lisa2.com
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 09:52:02 am »

James,
Please post anything you think is important.

The forum was created as a long-term repository for Lisa related information.  LisaList2.com is not beholding to a large organization such as Google or GitHub specifically so we ( Lisa enthusiasts ) will always have control over its fate and availability.    I will make every effort to insure this information is available for a long time to come.

Thank you,
Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up