LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MacFlim, and also ZTerm  (Read 2989 times)

stepleton

MacFlim, and also ZTerm
« on: April 03, 2021, 07:18:44 pm »

The 68kmla announcement of MacFlim (a cute Classic Mac video player that just furiously blits uncompressed bitmaps to the screen) gave me a reason to boot into MacWorks Plus for once. The "primitive" (no screen mod, no accelerator) Mac XL is not a platform that the app was designed for, and the app itself is not so stable, but it's at least amusing to see it do anything at all!

The hardest part of giving this a try was getting the video file onto the Lisa in the first place, and the best I could manage was zmodem at 9600 bps (over serial port B) with ZTerm 1.0.1. Faster speeds gained me CRC errors. This is a far cry from BLU's 57600 bps disk image transfer --- of course BLU is written in assembly and talking to the bare metal. So, the question: if you had to transfer a file to a Mac XL over the serial port, how would you do it? Can you go faster than I did? (Assume that LocalTalk networking isn't an option, though.)

compu_85

Re: MacFlim, and also ZTerm
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 09:55:23 am »

You can do localtalk with a crossover cable - I've been trying it on my Lisas in the past week and found it works quite well, even on a stock machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up