LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2019.06.07 fixed NChat for the "Curve" theme, will eventually move it to its own page and add it to the default theme as well. Other plugins are next. see post in the Meta board for details

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meh, lots of PHP issues  (Read 925 times)

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • "But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game"
    • LisaEm
Meh, lots of PHP issues
« on: March 24, 2019, 01:03:47 pm »

So I've installed NChat, which is supposed to give us chat functionality, but that doesn't work, not sure if it's incompatible with SMF 2.0.15, but I do occasionally see "Function create_function() is deprecated" errors in certain logs.

I've also installed the mailinglist along with groupnotify which is supposed to give us back email functionality, and after fixing an incompatibility with PostGres I find it's also generating "Function create_function() is deprecated" when I try to post by email.  :o >:( :(
Apparently this is a PHP 7.2+ issue: https://www.simon.me.uk/2018/725_smf-2-0-on-php-7-2
This is going to take a while to sort out, not sure which path I'll wind up taking, but perhaps I should update to the beta of 2.1. We'll see.

Update: there's also some more SQL errors that the mailing list plugin adds, this time it's OR must be boolean instead of integer, so I've got some more SQL to fixup too.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 01:14:15 pm by rayarachelian »
Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'  The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • "But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game"
    • LisaEm
Re: Meh, lots of PHP issues
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 06:44:14 pm »

We were running on PHP7.3, read some stuff in SMF support forums saying that SMF doesn't support PHP>7.1, and that this is the source of the "Function create_function() is deprecated" errors, so found an image for 7.1 and relaunched. Seems to have fixed one issue, but not the others.
So NChat now shows one messages that I had added, but still not adding new messages, and feeding an email to emailpost does not throw errors anymore, however, it also does not actually show the message. So, still things are still  :-\
Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'  The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up