LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Office System 1.2  (Read 2886 times)

stepleton

Office System 1.2
« on: July 07, 2021, 08:31:55 pm »

Happy Office System Day (7/7). (It's already Thursday here, but even so.)

I found some deserialised Twiggy disk images for Office System 1.2 kicking around my Google Drive. I don't recall where I got them --- it looks like I found them online in a .zip file sometime in 2012-2014. Feel free to check them out here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0_fWRp3VVS4UVo4ejFGd0NHZ0k?resourcekey=0-whnPK7NkB43PBeqaGA7PNg&usp=sharing

I installed the OS and all the tools* on a simulated ProFile; the raw disk image is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OXbJww1NmxVMC-ZxwjNMJ7kGrhwfDeec/view?usp=sharing
Note that this is a Cameo/Aphid-style raw disk image (may also work with IDLE): converting to BLU or to .dc42 is not all that hard, but it's already late here :)

I haven't tried running the tools or examining the examples, but the install happened without trouble. (A bit odd that the LisaGraph disk image is a bit truncated, but it doesn't seem to matter; just hit 'Y' when BLU warns you about it.)

Speaking of images, this is the first time I've ever thought to point a temperature sensor at the side of a Lisa. Classic Steve Jobs no-fan result, I think (see attached).

* ETA: except not LisaTerminal, which IIRC was something 1.2 was supposed to facilitate in a way 1.0 couldn't, but it may have been sold separately.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:51:32 pm by stepleton »

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • writing the code,writing the code,writing the code
    • LisaEm
Re: Office System 1.2
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 11:55:04 pm »

yum!
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

D.Finni

Re: Office System 1.2
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 12:45:43 pm »

A found a Pascal interface on those disk images. It could be useful for someone trying to document the file system. I attached it to this post.

Here's a little excerpt from it:
Code: [Select]
DirNBlocks = 4;
TYPE
{$IFC MONITOR}
IORsltWd = (INoError, IBadBlock, IBadUnit, IBadMode, ITimeOut,
ILostUnit, ILostFile, IBadTitle, INoRoom, INoUnit,
INoFile, IDupFile, INotClosed, INotOpen, IBadFormat,
IStrgOvfl, IWrProt, IDevError, INoDirSpace);
Pages: [1]   Go Up