LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2019.06.07 fixed NChat for the "Curve" theme, will eventually move it to its own page and add it to the default theme as well. Other plugins are next. see post in the Meta board for details

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Office System 1.2  (Read 202 times)

stepleton

Office System 1.2
« on: July 07, 2021, 08:31:55 pm »

Happy Office System Day (7/7). (It's already Thursday here, but even so.)

I found some deserialised Twiggy disk images for Office System 1.2 kicking around my Google Drive. I don't recall where I got them --- it looks like I found them online in a .zip file sometime in 2012-2014. Feel free to check them out here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0_fWRp3VVS4UVo4ejFGd0NHZ0k?resourcekey=0-whnPK7NkB43PBeqaGA7PNg&usp=sharing

I installed the OS and all the tools* on a simulated ProFile; the raw disk image is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OXbJww1NmxVMC-ZxwjNMJ7kGrhwfDeec/view?usp=sharing
Note that this is a Cameo/Aphid-style raw disk image (may also work with IDLE): converting to BLU or to .dc42 is not all that hard, but it's already late here :)

I haven't tried running the tools or examining the examples, but the install happened without trouble. (A bit odd that the LisaGraph disk image is a bit truncated, but it doesn't seem to matter; just hit 'Y' when BLU warns you about it.)

Speaking of images, this is the first time I've ever thought to point a temperature sensor at the side of a Lisa. Classic Steve Jobs no-fan result, I think (see attached).

* ETA: except not LisaTerminal, which IIRC was something 1.2 was supposed to facilitate in a way 1.0 couldn't, but it may have been sold separately.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:51:32 pm by stepleton »

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • "But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game"
    • LisaEm
Re: Office System 1.2
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 11:55:04 pm »

yum!
When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say. - GRRM

D.Finni

Re: Office System 1.2
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 12:45:43 pm »

A found a Pascal interface on those disk images. It could be useful for someone trying to document the file system. I attached it to this post.

Here's a little excerpt from it:
Code: [Select]
DirNBlocks = 4;
TYPE
{$IFC MONITOR}
IORsltWd = (INoError, IBadBlock, IBadUnit, IBadMode, ITimeOut,
ILostUnit, ILostFile, IBadTitle, INoRoom, INoUnit,
INoFile, IDupFile, INotClosed, INotOpen, IBadFormat,
IStrgOvfl, IWrProt, IDevError, INoDirSpace);
Pages: [1]   Go Up