General Category > LisaList2

My first custom-made mechanical keyboard... made for an Apple Lisa

(1/2) > >>

RebeccaRGB:
There are actually two keyboards pictured. I created two since I have two Lisas. :) The first keyboard is the one in the case actually connected to the Lisa and the second is the PCB underneath without keycaps to show what the inside looks like. :) The keycaps are custom-printed. The Lisa has some rather frustrating non-standard keys: I had to make the two keys on either side of the spacebar wider to make the spacebar shorter to the point where I could find one that size (original is 7.5u, this one is 6.5u) and the 1.5u backspace is unobtainium so it's a relabeled tab/backslash and the height is off. :P The image on the monitor is wavy because this was taken just before the power supply went unstable and I had to shut it off. :(

stepleton:
Wow, that looks incredible! Of course I had to right-click and inspect the picture at full resolution, and it looks even better up close. I notice that Caps Lock has an LED... and also the URL https://github.com/RebeccaRGB/lisakeysplus :)

I notice that the PCB itself is what attaches to the standoffs inside the keyboard case. The original Lisa keyboard uses a metal plate for stiffness. Is this keyboard PCB stiff enough on its own, or do you reinforce it somehow to reduce flex?

I've recently had a project where I've had to "glue" two PCBs together at right angles (with solder), and this makes for a nice rigid part. If you had encountered problems with board flex, a similar strategy could give your PCB a couple of long "floor joists". (I think some Apple IIc keyboards have a similar construction.) But if not, please disregard!

stepleton:
Oh wait, I've just noticed the mounting bracket.

AlexTheCat123:
This is awesome!

rayarachelian:
This is fantastic! I've been dreaming of just such a modern replacement! Well done!

Where/when can we buy these? :-D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version