LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lisa Pillow  (Read 4668 times)

blusnowkitty

Lisa Pillow
« on: November 01, 2021, 10:57:37 am »

Ever wanted to own a Lisa 1 but can't afford the millions they go for? Try a plush Lisa pillow instead!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/throwboy/the-iconic-pillow-collection-2-by-throwboy/description
You haven't lived until you've heard the sound of a Sony 400k drive.

Lisa2

• Administrator
  • See why 1983 was more like Y2K...
    • Lisa2.com
Re: Lisa Pillow
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 03:39:56 pm »

It's a shame that whoever assembled the Lisa pillow installed the top cover backwards putting the ventilation slots in the front....

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • writing the code,writing the code,writing the code
    • LisaEm
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 05:04:10 pm »

Ever wanted to own a Lisa 1 but can't afford the millions they go for? Try a plush Lisa pillow instead!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/throwboy/the-iconic-pillow-collection-2-by-throwboy/description

So my challenge to you is this, once you get your hands on it, cut it open, insert a touchscreen chromebook folded open in the "screen" area, setup the chromebook to boot into Gallium OS with SeaBios and have it boot directly into LisaEm for the win. ;)
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

compu_85

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 09:26:40 pm »

I'm a bit annoyed by the top being backwards, but not so annoyed I didn't preorder one!

rayarachelian

• Administrator
    • LisaEm
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 02:10:04 pm »

I'm a bit annoyed by the top being backwards, but not so annoyed I didn't preorder one!

There's also some other pillows but not Lisa ones, at: https://www.8bittees.com/product-category/pillows/
and other Lisa related stuff (not pillows, but t-shirts, mugs, stickers, hats) at https://www.8bittees.com/brand/lisa/

Funny thing is the C64 and Amiga ones have various misspellings (on purpose so they don't get sued I'm guessing, but the Listing says "Commodore"). Not sure how annoying it is to have a Commander 64 pillow, but I don't seem to mind :-D
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

compu_85

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 09:19:20 am »

The set I ordered arrived yesterday. They look great! They also updated the Lisa design and put the vents on the correct side :)

-J

rayarachelian

• Administrator
    • LisaEm
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 09:49:47 am »

The set I ordered arrived yesterday. They look great! They also updated the Lisa design and put the vents on the correct side :)

-J

Got mine as well. Looks weird to me - perhaps this is a feature of the design trying to avoid trademark/copyright issues. The color of the fabric seems a bit pre-yellowed to my eyes, but only slightly. There's something off about the scale of the thing, i.e. distance between the twiggy drives relative to each other, vs the monitor's location, the size of the monitor, etc.

The back seems to be a lot more detailed and closer to a real Lisa than the front side. The power button/keyboard plug patches look really weird to me. The feet look ok, the slats on the side look good.

Looking at https://throwboy.com/ I feel the other pillows look a lot better designed than the Lisa one. Perhaps the word better could be replaced with more accurate in this context.

In terms of trademark/copyright issues influencing design, maybe that's wrong too, their Finder icon is very much similar to the real thing, so that's a bit weird too that the Lisa one is further away. For example, the Bondi Blue iMac pillow looks a lot closer to a real iMac than the Lisa one does to a real Lisa, as do the iBook, G5 pillows. Maybe that's my beef with it.

Anyway, just my interpretation of the thing, don't take my view of it as important.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 09:59:50 am by rayarachelian »

rayarachelian

• Administrator
    • LisaEm
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 07:24:15 pm »

So, it's kinda growing on me. What did it? I placed it under a window and when the sun hits it, it seems too pick up a nice warm white glow.I'm guessing the stuffing and cover is transparent.

compu_85

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2022, 11:11:08 am »

I'm setting up my new office, and think these for the cubby nicely :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up