LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reddit: pre-alpha draft of Lisa Owner's Guide + draft Pascal Language Spec Found  (Read 3991 times)

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • writing the code,writing the code,writing the code
    • LisaEm

Gallery:  https://www.reddit.com/gallery/rutwfj
Discussion:  https://www.reddit.com/r/VintageApple/comments/rutwfj/lisa_manual_first_draft/
Images below might disappear as they're on Reddit's servers, not sure if the img urls are permanent or not:

You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

compu_85

We should save a copy here just in case.

rayarachelian

• Administrator
    • LisaEm

Appreciate the save, wanting to get the whole thing scanned in. Not sure if the owner is looking to sell it rather than scan it in based on the latest comments. Long as these docs get scanned in and make their way here to to bitsavers, all is good. Let's see what happens.
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

rayarachelian

• Administrator
    • LisaEm

Looks like this is being listed on ebay for $10k, but make an offer is available: https://www.ebay.com/itm/185363644419

Hopefully one of our numerous billionaire members can snatch this up, scan it, and send it to bitsavers. (sarcasm).

compu_85

Looks like this manual is on ePay again, this time for a more "reasonable" 1200.

This page was very interesting... I didn't know the 2 UNIX variants were in the pipeline that early!

rayarachelian

• Administrator
    • LisaEm

Looks like this manual is on ePay again, this time for a more "reasonable" 1200.

This page was very interesting... I didn't know the 2 UNIX variants were in the pipeline that early!

I think I saw that page elsewhere, note that CP/M is in outline for some reason, I think it means "vaporware". But yes, this speaks to, once you write the drivers, you can port unix to anything. From what I've seen, neither uniplus, nor xenix understand how to get the size info of a profile hard drive, so they make stupid size assumptions, I think this may be because apple didn't share info about block 0x0ffffff with these vendors, it doesn't make sense that two different unix vendors didn't know about this, but for other types of hard drives that also speak the profile protocol, they did. I think they only shared the number of blocks for 5M vs 10M profiles.

also for unix of this age, it seems the hard drive partition tables were hardcoded in the kernel for some reason - this would be outside of what apple shared/didn't.

Pages: [1]   Go Up