General Category > LisaList2

Newbie: simple Pascal program doesn't work in LisaEm

<< < (2/4) > >>

kewatsdop:
Thank you both for trying to help!

I did access the Preferences window, and I can hear the sound being played when setting the volume low/up, but the program above still doesn't give me any sound. I did play with frequency/duration values, to no avail.

If that helps in anything, I'm using macOS Monterey, lisaem-1.2.7-RC3a-2020.08.24, Workshop 3.0.

rayarachelian:
Welp, I'm out of ideas. :(

kewatsdop:
Thank you for trying to help though...

I'll give it another try during the weekend on my Windows machine, with exactly the same steps, and will update us here.

rayarachelian:

--- Quote from: kewatsdop on January 28, 2022, 12:29:56 pm ---Thank you for trying to help though...

I'll give it another try during the weekend on my Windows machine, with exactly the same steps, and will update us here.

--- End quote ---

Sure thing. Pro tip, you can just copy the lisaem-profile.dc42 file from your Mac to your Windows machines. You won't be able to copy the preferences file, which on macos is in plist format (I think), but on Windows will be a .ini file, but you can manually copy the LisaEm preferences, etc.

If you want, could you create a blank dc42 floppy in LisaEm and use the LPW F)ile menu to copy both the source code and the compiled program to this new floppy image, and then once you eject that floppy image from LPW, upload it here. If I have time this weekend, I can poke at it and see what happens.

(I can compile LisaEm with debug enabled and add some code around the sound generation routines to see if LisaEm notices sound being invoked, and what frequency, etc.)

kewatsdop:
Sure will do. Thank you Ray for helping. Also in about 10-12 days from now I'll have an opportunity to test this on a physical Lisa...

I will have other newbie questions too, but not sure if I should start a separate thread; I'm new to this forum and don't know the local netiquette. One thing for example is why, no matter how I try, I cannot set the 6552 Shift Register to any value in assembly code. I'm trying to do e.g. MOVE d0, $00FCDD81 or MOVE d0, $0000DD81 (documentation says sometimes former, sometimes latter for the VIA memory location) plus $14 offset to access the Shift Register and it always gives me ADDRESS ERROR when running the program from Pascal. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Sorry if this is not for this thread, will start a new one if needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version