LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird keyboard with sticker symbols on ebay  (Read 2705 times)

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • writing the code,writing the code,writing the code
    • LisaEm
Weird keyboard with sticker symbols on ebay
« on: April 09, 2022, 03:52:43 pm »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255479813826

So this looks like just a regular English/USA Lisa keyboard, but it seems to have a third party set of stickers on it to show you the Macintosh accent characters and other symbols. I don't believe there's anything "European" about it. Rare, maybe. I don't know anything about the history of who made those stickers, but I don't think this keyboard was shipped that way.
If you zoom in to the "4" key on the left side, you can see the sticker peeling off due to wear and tear. If you zoom in, the bottom of the "O" key and the left side of the "L" key also show lines where the sticker sits on the key caps.

I don't know if it's worth $600, but I mean... working Lisa keyboards are rare, but this auction is misleading. I wouldn't say fraud, more like the seller doesn't know much about it.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 04:04:51 pm by rayarachelian »
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

stepleton

Re: Weird keyboard with sticker symbols on ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 04:53:00 pm »

Yeah, not European. Whoever put the stickers on seems to have done an okay job lining them up, I'll give them that. "ULTA RARE".

compu_85

Re: Weird keyboard with sticker symbols on ebay
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 12:34:31 pm »

To me those look like whole replacement keycaps... note they are a slightly different color.

Don't some Lisa KT boards have adapters that go from the female "stab" type KT mount, to the male "+" type mount used on tall Alps, etc?

-J
Pages: [1]   Go Up