General Category > LisaList2

Twiggy Drives on eBay

(1/2) > >>

blusnowkitty:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334481582186

Who needs a new car when you could buy a floppy drive?

D.Finni:
I'd like to try connecting a Twiggy to the IWM in a Macintosh because I think the IWM can control them. What I don't know is to what extent, if any, the Twiggy drives in the Macintosh differed from Twiggy in the Lisa. Anyone here have any insight?

sigma7:

--- Quote from: D.Finni on June 23, 2022, 02:45:16 pm ---I'd like to try connecting a Twiggy to the IWM in a Macintosh because I think the IWM can control them. What I don't know is to what extent, if any, the Twiggy drives in the Macintosh differed from Twiggy in the Lisa. Anyone here have any insight?

--- End quote ---
For a brief time I had a Macintosh Twiggy drive on my bench for repair...

IIRC:

* The Mac motherboard was the same as a 128K Mac (so yes, your IWM will work)

* The Digital Board for the Mac variant of the Twiggy drive is different from the Lisa variant. I think I have a picture... :-\

* The only difference in behaviour compared to the Sony seemed the polarity of one (or more?) of the sense signals was inverted, but I may be imagining it.
If I can find notes/pics I'll upload to the file section (... and I did)

D.Finni:

--- Quote from: sigma7 on June 23, 2022, 03:04:27 pm ---The Digital Board for the Mac variant of the Twiggy drive is different from the Lisa variant. I think I have a picture... :-\

--- End quote ---

That's what I was getting at with my question. Also I see that the Lisa Twiggy had a 26-pin connector whereas the Mac ended up with a 20-pin connector.

blusnowkitty:

--- Quote from: sigma7 on June 23, 2022, 03:04:27 pm ---
The Digital Board for the Mac variant of the Twiggy drive is different from the Lisa variant. I think I have a picture... :-\

--- End quote ---

There's a picture over here: https://macgui.com/news/article.php?t=517

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version