LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vintage Micros Contact Info (was Hey there!)  (Read 4470 times)

SanguineOwl

Vintage Micros Contact Info (was Hey there!)
« on: July 30, 2022, 04:16:08 am »

Hey folks!
Wanted to do an intro post. I registered back in December of 2021 when I got my first Lisa but I didn't think my registration went through.
I'm 25 years old in the PNW of the USA and I've wanted a Lisa even before I inherited my Apple III which spurred my interest in soldering and restoration. I remember being 13/14 and playing around with LisaEm wanting a real machine, but they were out of my price range. I scored on eBay last year and snagged a fully functioning machine minus a working Widget (bearings are shot), and with a little soldering later everything should be golden.

I have an immense interest in vintage Apple products along with electronics and I'm hoping to learn all I can about the Lisa architecture and hopefully bring help to folks and perhaps even new applications to LOS.

One quick question though, has anybody had luck reaching John at VintageMicros? I've been wanting to purchase an X/Profile and a CRT but I can't seem to get ahold of him. Perhaps the email address on his site is out of date?

Cheers folks, and looking forward to meeting everyone!
-Camden
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 06:04:09 pm by rayarachelian »

jamesdenton

• Administrator
  • ArcaneByte
    • ArcaneByte
Re: Hey there!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 02:31:44 pm »

Hi Camden - welcome to the group!

VintageMicros is still around, but John may be tied up with other things and not able to respond as quick as he used to. I'd keep trying to reach him.

There are some Open Source ProFile emulators available these days, notably:

https://github.com/alexthecat123/ArduinoFile
https://github.com/stepleton/cameo/
https://github.com/BwanaFr/pico-profile

Haven't tried the latter, but looks promising! Some have issues using the internal widget interface, but tend to work great on a parallel card. Many of the boards are available as reproductions or "repop with a twist". John is probably your best bet for a replacement CRT, as I don't see them come up often on eBay.

Good luck with your Lisa journey! This forum is a great source of info and inspiration.

Lisa2

• Administrator
  • See why 1983 was more like Y2K...
    • Lisa2.com
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 05:15:40 pm »

One quick question though, has anybody had luck reaching John at VintageMicros? I've been wanting to purchase an X/Profile and a CRT but I can't seem to get ahold of him. Perhaps the email address on his site is out of date?
Hello Camden,

Welcome to LisaList2!

I know for a fact that John has just started building a new batch X/Profiles and that you can buy one and the other parts you need.
I will send you a private email with his contact information.

Rick

sigma7

• Administrator
  • Warning: Memory errors found. Verify comments.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 05:17:42 pm »

Hi Camden -- welcome to LisaList2!

John's currently preferred email address for VintageMicros.com is indeed the one on the website: lenny15@zimbracloud.com

He had to cut back substantially on time spent on business due to health issues. However, he has made arrangements to get some help, and as of a week ago, has resumed making X/ProFiles. I expect he has a few back-orders and rate of production is limited, but now would be the time to get on the list before the eBay listings resume.

John probably has a CRT for you, but that is likely to require more physical effort to pack and ship which could cause a delay, so you may want to order it separately or specify that you don't mind separate shipments.

James

edit -- I see Rick beat me to it and may have more complete contact info
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 05:19:15 pm by sigma7 »
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up