LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Project Update #25: Before Macintosh: The Apple Lisa by David Greelish  (Read 3415 times)

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • writing the code,writing the code,writing the code
    • LisaEm

From: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dgreelish/before-macintosh-the-apple-lisa/posts/3601788
Hi everyone,

The original, and frankly overly optimistic, release date I set when I launched this project was for the fall of 2019. That was just a few months after wrapping up all of the travel and interviews. Needless to say, we're coming up on three years later. Fall 2022 starts in two weeks this month! I'm not going to let this film be delayed any longer, and my Associate Producer isn't going to either. Again, he's Steven from the Mac84 YouTube channel. Him and I will be meeting in-person for the first time at the Vintage Computer Festival Midwest 17, which is coming up this weekend in the Chicago area. http://vcfmw.org

We're going to finalize the re-edited part one together and try to finalize most of part two, as I move into editing down the largest part of the film, part three, which is about, "The Lisa today." It's still more about its significance and as a collectible. So lots of talk and information from many collectors and most everyone interviewed. Good documentaries should always answer an important question, "why should I care?" We are all still living in the personal computing interface paradigm that was foundational set by the Apple Lisa.

My hope was that I could have the whole thing almost ready for release in time for the show, but it's at least moving along, if slowly. Steven and I will also be giving a presentation, and we'll show some clips not in the film. I will release these to you, my supporters, just before that Saturday evening. You all will always have firsts on anything. So thank you again for all of the patience and continued good vibes of support.

You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

Lisa2

• Administrator
  • See why 1983 was more like Y2K...
    • Lisa2.com
Re: Project Update #25: Before Macintosh: The Apple Lisa by David Greelish
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 04:03:06 pm »

I went to David's Presentation at VFC Midwest.  Lots of folks asking him when the documentary will be done, but he would not commit to a release date.   Steven was there also,  he announced he had just bought his first Lisa that day, don't know what other experience Steven has had with Lisa.  David did show some video from Rays interview :) .   Although the progress has been slow on this project, it's nice to know that it's not dead.
Rick
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 10:15:20 pm by rayarachelian »

rayarachelian

• Administrator
    • LisaEm
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 10:17:37 pm »

I went to David's Presentation at VFC Midwest.  Lots of folks asking him when the documentary will be done, but he would not commit to a release date.   Steven was there also,  he announced he had just bought his first Lisa that day, don't know what other experience Steven has had with Lisa.  David did show some video from Rays interview :) .   Although the progress has been slow on this project, it's nice to know that it's not dead.
Rick

Thanks Rick. I was hoping VCFMW would do a livestream, like VCF East, but no such luck, did want to see some of the other sessions as well. Hopefully they'll wind up on youtube. I did see the 1st part off the kickstarter update that David sent out the day after.
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

rayarachelian

• Administrator
    • LisaEm
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 10:20:16 am »

Just recently noticed that the VCFMW session was posted here: https://youtu.be/H8SDASP2kQk (or via piped to avoid google tracking: https://yewtu.be/H8SDASP2kQk ) a while ago. There's other sessions in that channel that are worth a watch, though not Lisa related.

rayarachelian

• Administrator
    • LisaEm
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 01:21:08 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up