General Category > LisaList2

A Wee Cristmas Present

(1/4) > >>

Al Kossow:
Now that Applesauce suports LOS file systems, I found what I think is the Pascal compiler source in LOS V2 format.
Have fun.
http://bitsavers.org/pdf/apple/lisa/pascal_monitor
I may have Clascal as well and the mouse editor.

rayarachelian:

--- Quote from: Al Kossow on December 25, 2022, 04:44:44 pm ---Now that Applesauce suports LOS file systems, I found what I think is the Pascal compiler source in LOS V2 format.
Have fun.

--- End quote ---

Wow, this is great, thank you!

stepleton:
Wow! Looking for interesting text:

* strings *.dc42 | grep -C3 1984
* strings *.dc42 | grep -C3 -i version

D.Finni:
I saw DTC's paper on Pascal history at Apple is in that directory too.

Just a note. I saw in his paper the statement that "When Apple introduced the Macintosh computer in 1984 all Macintosh progranwning by Apple and others was done with Lisa Pascal and the Lisa Workshop."

This statement gets repeated a lot, but about a year ago I discovered that the earliest Macintosh developer documentation that was distributed to 3rd-party developers is actually centered on the Lisa Monitor development system, a predecessor to Workshop.

stepleton:
It's funny to me to see this turn up now since I'm writing a compiler for a Pascal subset to BASIC for a different kind of old computer. I'm doing this because I just don't want to program that computer in BASIC. But GOTO is in Pascal too, and I just finished implementing it a couple of minutes ago :P

I don't have strong feelings about Pascal; it wouldn't be my first-choice language if I were starting from scratch. But the reason I'm going with it is because I already had a grammar for it lying around --- a Lark grammar (so my compiler is written in Python) for Clascal (not just Pascal!) that I wrote a year or two back. My Pascal subset isn't Clascal; it's not even Pascal (lots of stuff is missing). But maybe someone would like to use the grammar for more exciting things, and once the compiler is up on github, the grammar will be, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version