LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lisa OS and applications source code now available  (Read 15875 times)

Eschaton

• Ask me how it ends!
    • Eschatology
Re: Lisa OS and applications source code now available
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2023, 11:12:50 pm »

One thing that I think would be really useful is a Language Service Provider for Clascal, so the Lisa sources can be more easily browsed in tools like BBEdit, Visual Studio Code, and so on.

Also, here’s some stuff I’ve done to my own copy of the sources. (Sorry I can’t share them, I have some employer-related rules I need to follow…)

• Put the sources as-is into a local git repository so I can commit every subsequent change in case I screw something up.
  • Get rid of all the Lisa-format text files, since they’ve all been converted to UNIX text.
  • Get rid of the “.unix.txt” extensions on all of the UNIX text format files, so they all have “.TEXT” as a suffix again.
  • Replace the “.TEXT” suffix where possible with a semantic suffix: “.pas” for Pascal/Clascal code, “.asm” for 68K assembly code, “.exec” for EXEC scripts, “.alerts” for alert definitions, and so on.

Having done all of that I now have a nicely-browsable version of the code that actually gets some degree of syntax highlighting and so on. What LSP would provide is better syntax highlighting for Clascal constructs, as well as being able to jump to definitions and such.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 11:23:54 pm by Eschaton »

compu_85

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2023, 09:03:26 pm »

...You'd have a secondary screen where you could dump your debug output. At a cursory glance, it appears as if the secondary screen is in memory at all times whether or not you're debugging...

I found the way the alt console is activated is Option + Enter. I haven't observed anything writing to it.

I also found you can add the 3D QuickDraw boxes demo to the Environments window, just copy boxes.obj to shell.Boxes Demo.

-J

Al Kossow

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2023, 08:20:53 pm »

Something new uploaded to workshop3 on bitsavers
A development system internals guide ca. 1984
that was donated by the author at the jan 31st event

stepleton

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2023, 07:17:47 am »

Looks like this is the one (the Lisa section is so big on bitsavers now that it can take a while to find things!):
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/apple/lisa/workshop_3.0/Lisa_Develpment_System_Internals_Documentation_198402.pdf
Thanks for all the recent additions!

Al Kossow

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2023, 06:40:25 pm »

Lisa source browser
https://github.com/rochus-keller/LisaPascal

and I see someone has put the sources on github :-(
https://github.com/azumanga/apple-lisa

compu_85

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2023, 01:55:08 am »

I'm giving a Lisa related talk at VCF East this year, and want to cover the sources. For those that understand the code more than me... are there any tidbits I should cover?

Thanks,

-J
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up