General Category > LisaList2

M0130

(1/6) > >>

andrew:
Does the drive inside an M0130 work with a Lisa 2? I'm assuming it does, since it was released alongside the Lisa 2 with the 128K; presumably they all used the same drive. Long story short, my Lisa has lacked an actual floppy drive for far too long... I guess this seems like a stupid question as I type this out but I figure it would be good to check here first before dropping the money on one. :/

blusnowkitty:
Yep, they're all Sony OA-D34Vs. There's nothing too special about the M0130, the cable just internally terminates to a standard 20-pin header.

jamesdenton:
I don't see why it wouldn't. The 128k or 512k floppy drive should be OK, as well as the external 400k. You might reach out to VintageMicros, as he could have some drives hanging around.

Might also be worth looking at an 800k drive with an 800k ROM, or it might work OK with the 400k ROM, I'm not sure. Some other folks here may chime in and have more experience with that.

andrew:
Does that 800K rom upgrade only work with certain LOS versions? If so, do incompatible versions only see it as a 400K drive?

jamesdenton:

--- Quote from: andrew on February 13, 2023, 05:51:55 pm ---Does that 800K rom upgrade only work with certain LOS versions? If so, do incompatible versions only see it as a 400K drive?

--- End quote ---

Good question. I'll have to defer to @sigma7 on that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version