General Category > LisaList2

M0130

<< < (6/6)

sigma7:

--- Quote from: andrew on March 11, 2023, 03:30:11 pm ---I remounted the drive vertically ... I have some photos of the 800K bracket inside the cage. There's a slight sliver of overlap preventing me from pushing the bracket all the way to the right.

--- End quote ---

Clearly it won't fit... it seems that bracket was made taller than necessary leaving extra room above the drive inside compared to other brackets.

I assume/hope the bracket positions the floppy drive in the correct place at least.

I can't think of a simple solution to the fit (anyone else?), so choices seem limited to another mounting place or modifying (or replacing... I don't think they are all that way) the bracket. A 3d printed bracket is an option.

I agree the clips are a pain/nuisance. Maybe there is a better choice now for something that doesn't require permanent modification to the Lisa, but I'm not aware of it. It is possible to cut off the spring portion (see pic) and thread an 8-32 or M4 nut onto the remaining post, but that is probably even more effort to undo.

andrew:
So, I thought I'd post my final setup here, as seen in the attached image. Everything fits in very nicely, and I even found a little solution for positioning a plugged-in LED. I took one of the spare clips I had ordered and bent the LED wires around it so it sits at just the right spot to be visible when the front panel is closed.

Also, funny enough, the spare 800K drive I had lying around doesn't actually work properly, so I'll have sort that out soon! In the meantime, it just feels good to have something in the drive slot area! The only other things I need to do are to find an actual bracket-like piece to mount the A/B switch onto and to get a clip of some kind to clean up the ribbon cables.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version