LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHM Larry Tesler and Chris Espinosa on Origins of the Apple Human Interface video  (Read 3984 times)

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • writing the code,writing the code,writing the code
    • LisaEm

Saw this today, very neat! Covers smalltalk, "Don't Mode Me In", Lisa GUI, presenting to Steve Jobs, insane deadlines, Lisa user testing, Mac Human Interface, Microsoft.

https://youtu.be/OW-atKrg0T4?t=398
and http://morrick.me/archives/8432 has most of this transcribed along with photos.

Enjoy  8)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 06:33:09 pm by rayarachelian »
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code

rayarachelian

• Administrator
  • writing the code,writing the code,writing the code
    • LisaEm

Oh wow, at 1h 44min an audience member said that he would do a keyboard mush to see if the system still functioned, and he did try that on a Lisa at the West Coast Computer Fair(e?) when there was a demo, and they tried it on a (Fortune?) machine and it crashed, and they snuck away, they didn't mean to try it on a Lisa, *but* in reaching for a brochure, they accidentally touched the upper right of the keyboard and crashed it, now that Lisa was networked and it not only brought that specific Lisa, but the entire network, so they had to power cycle the whole system.

Nice anecdote, but this means that the AppleNet stuff was actually worked (well, unless this was on MacWorks w/AppleTalk, but I doubt that.)
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue, if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing, too, Writing the code, Writing the code
Pages: [1]   Go Up