LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sun disk controller schematic  (Read 2936 times)

Al Kossow

Sun disk controller schematic
« on: April 30, 2023, 12:13:06 pm »

did anyone on the list buy this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/145047853692

patrick

• Patrick's Hardware Page
Re: Sun disk controller schematic
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 02:47:17 pm »

Schematics in Macdraw(?) format are somewhere on the net. I have tif ( or pdf?) exports of these.

Not sure if I am allowed to post them here. Original drawings are copyrighted material.

sigma7

• Administrator
  • Warning: Memory errors found. Verify comments.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 04:56:10 pm »

Not sure if I am allowed to post them here. Original drawings are copyrighted material.

I asked VintageMicros (current copyright holder of Sun Remarketing IP) for official permission for the Sun Controller Schematics to be published, and the request was generously approved.

So if they are originally Sun Remarketing's then they can be posted without concern.

(This may not apply to schematics drawn by someone else of course, but if they put them on the internet themselves without restrictions then I expect they would also approve.)

James
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.

AlexTheCat123

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 05:47:54 pm »

I was the one who bought it and I'm in the process of converting the schematics from MacDraw format to jpg right now! These schematics are already on Bitsavers somewhere, but they were missing a page (page 2, to be exact), and the copy that I just got seems to include that missing page. I'll upload the pictures here once I'm done converting them! And I can upload a bootable disk image with the original schematics and their corresponding software too if anyone wants to play around with the originals in Mini vMac or something.

AlexTheCat123

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 07:57:37 pm »

Well here they are! I've attached pictures of all seven pages as well as a bootable disk image for Mini vMac with all of the schematics and design software loaded. And by the way,  the schematic software doesn't seem to work with anything later than System 6. Enjoy!

Edit: I swapped out the bootable disk image for a straight DC42 image of the original disk to save space on the LisaList2 servers. So now the associated software for opening the schematics isn't attached anymore, but it should be pretty easy to find on Bitsavers!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 11:44:16 pm by AlexTheCat123 »

sigma7

• Administrator
  • Warning: Memory errors found. Verify comments.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023, 08:35:03 pm »

Well here they are!

Thanks Alex, for the investment and time!
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up