General Category > LisaList2

X/Profile voltage regulator

(1/2) > >>

Lisa2:
While the popular X/Profile is still in production and will continue to be available,
the optional X/Profile voltage regulator option will be EOL'd once the remaining stock is sold out:

http://vintagemicros.com/catalog/voltage-regulator-xprofile-p-322.html?osCsid=2uuiljtg672aq1ancmnen78tr3

So if you have interest in installing a X/Profile in a real profile case and plan to use the original power supply, the voltage regulator option is highly recommend and you may wish to grab one of these while you can.

ried:
I recently picked up a couple of these because, eventually, all of our ProFile drives will fail (like my Widgets have). It's only a matter of when.

When that fateful day arrives, I will switch to the X/ProFile + Voltage Regulator inside the original ProFile case so the machines can keep running.

compu_85:
I hate to be a "reply guy", but it might be more worthwhile to look at fitting a small MeanWell supply into the original enclosure vs. add-ons to keep using the ancient Aztec supply. Something like the RD-35A can be had for <$30.

-J

stepleton:
Another option as well for the future reader finding this thread well after the voltage regulator is gone: if you're only using Compact Flash cards, you may only need +5V. (I don't know if X/ProFile uses +12V, but IDEfile does not.)

In which case you may be able to make your own device using a single DC->DC switching converter all-in-one component available on places like Digi-Key etc. These will not require the cooling fan and heat sinks found on this board. YMMV (has worked for me and my IDEfile+Compact Flash setup for a long time), and you may not want a ProFile that mysteriously makes no noise at al!

sigma7:

--- Quote from: stepleton on August 28, 2023, 03:50:19 pm ---if you're only using Compact Flash cards, you may only need +5V.

--- End quote ---

The X/ProFile itself needs 5V at about 150 mA, so for CF cards and some other storage devices, only 5V is needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version