General Category > LisaList2

Seeking to Purchase Lisa-1 Front Panel

(1/4) > >>

byteshop:
Hey all! I'm looking to purchase an original front panel for an Apple Lisa-1 system. I am prepared to pay a fair market value of several thousand dollars depending on condition. Please feel free to comment or send me a message if you have what I seek.

MrSmith:
Hi

Just a word of caution, these are being 3D printed and reproduced, be careful what you buy is original with such a large amount of money involved.

Over the last few months there has been two Lisa 1 front panels come up on ebay USA.

Good luck in your search.

ried:
The Lisa 1 bezels that I've seen come up on eBay recently have either been reproductions (made by MacEffects, i.e. attached to this Lisa 1 chassis for sale) or scam listings. The scam listings always use this same bezel photo, and direct people to purchase outside of eBay:

These scam listings are posted by accounts that appear legitimate with strong feedback, but the accounts have been hijacked. The seller's login credentials have been leaked to the dark web and acquired by the scammer. Of course, when you go to that third-party website for purchase, they will gladly take your money and you'll never hear from them again - with no buyer protection or other way to recover your lost funds. The exact same tactic is often employed for Lisa 1 bezels, JLPGA PowerBooks, and other rare items on eBay. Stolen pictures, directing people to purchase offsite, etc.

As an aside, the MacEffects reproductions are quite good, but certainly not perfect. One easy tell is the LISA script, which deviates significantly from the original.

Reproduction Apple Lisa 1 bezel from MacEffects, as shown in their eBay listing linked above:

vs original bezels:

and

Aside from MacEffects, I do not know if anyone else that has manufactured high-quality reproductions. Maybe someone here does?

byteshop:
Thanks for the helpful guide. I remain on a hunt for an original if someone has one to sell.

ried:
Funny enough, here's a scam listing that employs the exact method I described above, using photos from the exact same MacEffects Lisa 1 listing that I linked to above:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/375185053927

Shameless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version