General Category > LisaList2

Apple FileWare / Twiggy Backup Disks with UniFile & DuoFile Drivers and ???

<< < (5/5)

stepleton:
I was intrigued by Level II Video Board 4_22_83.dc42 and so "burned" a Twiggy on my Lisa 1 (running Office System 1.1) and had a look. On the desktop, the Twiggy is named "Ross L" and contains:

* A LisaWrite file called "L2Video"
* A folder called VideoDraw with contents
* A(nother) LisaWrite file called "L2Video"
* A LisaList file called "VideoBoardListByComponent"
* A LisaList file called "VideoBoardListByFailure"
* A LisaDraw file called "V12HorAmp"
* A LisaDraw file called "V12VideoAmp"
* A LisaDraw file called "V12VertDefl"
* A LisaDraw file called "V12Failures"
* A LisaDraw file called "VideoDiagram"
* A LisaDraw file called "V12Test Components"
* A LisaDraw file called "VideoBoardBlockDiag"
* A LisaDraw file called "V12Power"
* A LisaCalc file called "L2VideoCharts"I'm printing these documents now and will scan the ones that print successfully. I hope I have enough paper --- 8.5"x11" fanfold is probably hard to find in the UK!

patrick:

--- Quote from: stepleton on August 03, 2024, 12:03:19 pm ---I'm printing these documents now and will scan the ones that print successfully. I hope I have enough paper --- 8.5"x11" fanfold is probably hard to find in the UK!

--- End quote ---

Can you convert them into some 400k compatible format? It would be nice to have some more "real" sample documents on the Lisa.

stepleton:
Maybe! I'm trying to think about how to accomplish this. Office System 2 will run on a Lisa 1 if I recall correctly; maybe I can make an Office System 2 image that I can share between the Lisa 1 and a simulated Lisa 2.

stepleton:
Although I did do a lot of printing to a real ImageWriter, I worked out how to get my laptop to receive the serial data instead, and from there how to convert the raw ImageWriter commands to PDF. The results are in this directory here. L2Video.pdf is the document itself, and all the other documents hold figures and tables that would have been pasted into it for printing. (Such is life before 7/7 I suppose!)

If you'd like access to the raw ImageWriter data and the conversion process that yielded the PDFs, then Level_II_Video_Board_4-22-83.tar.bz2 in the directory linked above is for you.

I think this should be a pretty helpful document for anyone trying to fix their video boards. The components most likely to fail diagram is a pretty interesting one; I think I've seen CR7 replaced on a video board before! But the component that seemed to fail the most in the early 1980s (according to the document) was the 24V voltage regulator U1. I wonder what the most failed component is after 40 years...

sigma7:

--- Quote from: stepleton on August 04, 2024, 02:30:38 pm ---The results are in this directory here. L2Video.pdf is the document itself, and all the other documents hold figures and tables that would have been pasted into it for printing. (Such is life before 7/7 I suppose!)

--- End quote ---

This is an awesome find and extraction effort, thank you Justin and Tom!

If someone pastes the diagrams into the appropriate places in the text before I get around to it, please post it!

James

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version