General Category > LisaList2

Yet another Raspberry Pi Lisa case, but this one has the STLs!

<< < (3/3)

rayarachelian:
Hey Mark,

I pushed some new code last night to https://github.com/rayarachelian/lisaem.git (master branch) - there are still windowing bugs, but perhaps this has enough fixes to solve your issues on the Rpi.

Hope it helps.
Cheers,
--Ray

berskyboy:

--- Quote from: rayarachelian on February 23, 2020, 09:37:09 am ---Hey Mark,

I pushed some new code last night to https://github.com/rayarachelian/lisaem.git (master branch) - there are still windowing bugs, but perhaps this has enough fixes to solve your issues on the Rpi.

Hope it helps.
Cheers,
--Ray

--- End quote ---

Hi Ray,

Do I need to compile the widgets again?  If so, is there a way to copy (archive off) the version that works.  Like thru SBM?  I did use the Raspian SD card copy feature to copy the SD card, but I was wondering if there is a way to compile or work in "Development" as it were, while having a working LisaEm copy?

Thanks,
Mark

rayarachelian:

--- Quote ---Do I need to compile the widgets again?  If so, is there a way to copy (archive off) the version that works.  Like thru SBM?  I did use the Raspian SD card copy feature to copy the SD card, but I was wondering if there is a way to compile or work in "Development" as it were, while having a working LisaEm copy?

--- End quote ---

You only need to do that if something on the GTK side has changed - this will usually only happen when you upgrade the OS - but usually only on a major version, or if you haven't already compiled it with SDL and wish to enable sound.

Once you get a good known version of LisaEm that you're happy with, you can do
--- Code: ---sudo ./build.sh clean build install
--- End code ---
and that will then install it to /usr/local/bin/lisaem.

You can then do
--- Code: ---git pull; ./build.sh clean build
--- End code ---
to test updated versions, and if you like the changes and don't notice any issues, you can repeat the install. But note that
--- Code: ---sudo ./build.sh
--- End code ---
may change ownership of the object and binaries to root, so you may need to do something like
--- Code: ---sudo chown -R pi ./lisaem
--- End code ---
from the directory above it to fix it.

Also note that I'm close to doing another push to github in a few days, likely before Monday. Your patience might be rewarded, or not, depending on how many old bugs I fix vs new ones I intoduce. :-D

berskyboy:
Hi Ray,

I'm back looking at this post and wanted to enable sound on the Raspberry Pi.  Do I need to rebuild the GTK files again?  I also wanted to know if there was a way to archive the work I've done (like I have it working), I did do a SD Card duplication which should be good backup, and you had mentioned doing an install clean build to my usr/local/bin/lisaem directory.  I guess my question really is, how does UNIX work with builds, can you have different builds in different directories? 

How do I tell my LisaEm version?  (I found it in the About box = LisaEm 1.2.7-ALPHA_2019.11.11)

I wish I knew a bit more about UNIX, but this is a good time during COVID to learn a few things.

thanks for all your help.

Mark

rayarachelian:

--- Quote from: berskyboy on May 21, 2020, 11:02:44 am ---I'm back looking at this post and wanted to enable sound on the Raspberry Pi.  Do I need to rebuild the GTK files again? 

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately so, it appears that for GTK, you should recompile wxWidgets 3.x --with-sdl and install the sdl libs and developer packages before you do so. I found a somewhat obscure note about this. Originally it worked just fine by adding the pulseaudio proxy, but not with 3.x.  Meh.

--- Quote from: berskyboy on May 21, 2020, 11:02:44 am ---I also wanted to know if there was a way to archive the work I've done (like I have it working), I did do a SD Card duplication which should be good backup, and you had mentioned doing an install clean build to my usr/local/bin/lisaem directory.  I guess my question really is, how does UNIX work with builds, can you have different builds in different directories? 

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. You can backup any directory on linux using the tar command. There are other tools such as zip and rar and 7z, but tar is preferred. i.e.

--- Code: ---tar cpJvf archivename.tar.xz directory-to-backup
--- End code ---

To get a listing of what's inside the archive, you'd do:
--- Code: ---tar tJvf archivename.tar.xz | more
--- End code ---
And to restore, you'd simply do:

--- Code: ---tar xpJvf archivename.tar.xz
--- End code ---

The options to tar are c=create, t=table of contents (listing) x=extract, p=store permissions, v=verbose, J=use xz compression (note uppercase J here), f=next parameter is the name of the archive file. Instead of J you could use j=bzip2 compression - slower and lower ratio use the .bz2 extension, z=gzip compression - faster, but far lower compression, use the .gz extension.

To get more details about any unix command, use man. i.e.
--- Code: ---man tar
--- End code ---

--- Quote from: berskyboy on May 21, 2020, 11:02:44 am ---How do I tell my LisaEm version?

--- End quote ---

If you've obtained it from github, the current version is a beta of 1.2.7. When you run
--- Code: ---./build.sh --help
--- End code ---
it will print the version in the banner.

--- Quote from: berskyboy on May 21, 2020, 11:02:44 am ---I wish I knew a bit more about UNIX, but this is a good time during COVID to learn a few things.

--- End quote ---

Give this a try: https://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version