General Category > LisaList2

Deserializing UniPlus UNIX?

<< < (2/7) > >>

rayarachelian:

--- Quote from: blusnowkitty on May 21, 2020, 07:03:23 pm ---No dice with the above patched disk. Both my efforts and the linked above only get me as far as here in the boot process. After that, nothing - no floppy, no Profile, no keyboard. Just a softlock until I press the power button. I threw the images into IDLE for fun and it hung here as well. The manual also seems to mention the 2/10 and Mac XL most often; maybe UniPlus depends on a weird quirk of the 2/10 that isn't present in the 2/5?

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure I had UniPlus working just fine off an X/Profile image on a 2/5 that I got from John of VintageMicros along with the quad port serial card.
Same for the Xenix image. This was a Lisa with a AST RAMstack or whatever it's called that had 1.5M and another RAM card (Apple) with 512K.

Just a thought, how much ram does your Lisa have? Maybe you need more than 768K if that display is correct?
Any weird cards in your Lisa's expansion slots like a SCSI card or something?

blusnowkitty:

--- Quote from: rayarachelian on May 21, 2020, 07:16:15 pm ---I'm pretty sure I had UniPlus working just fine off an X/Profile image on a 2/5 that I got from John of VintageMicros along with the quad port serial card.
Same for the Xenix image. This was a Lisa with a AST RAMstack or whatever it's called that had 1.5M and another RAM card (Apple) with 512K.

Just a thought, how much ram does your Lisa have? Maybe you need more than 768K if that display is correct?
Any weird cards in your Lisa's expansion slots like a SCSI card or something?

--- End quote ---

Maybe the installer just breaks on a 2/5 but an installed image doesn't? Who knows. I've got a basic 1MB installed and no expansion cards.

compu_85:
I have a 2/5 (with a 10m Profile) with an original install of UniPlus. It boots up fine with .5mb, and 2mb of ram. (With 2mb it complains the swap partition is too small)

The bootloader on the disk gives the same "Not the right computer" error if I try to load it on a different machine.

https://youtu.be/NpUgwLETvRQ

-J

blusnowkitty:
Interesting. So it's not a RAM issue, and it's not a 2/5 issue. I suppose that only leaves a couple culprits left:

- X/Profile emulation could be buggy and not support the UniPlus installer (but how did the vintagemicros guys get it working in the first place?)
- The disk images online are bad

Lisa2:
I am not sure how it applies to UniPlus, but I know that Xenix must be patched to work with the X/Profile:

http://sigmasevensystems.com/xpf_xenix.html

Note: This is not due to buggy X/Profile emulation, but the Xenix driver is buggy and has issues with the faster speed of the X/Profile.

HTH,
Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version