LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twiggy Archiving - List of Lisas w. Twiggy drives, by location  (Read 3746 times)

sigma7

• Administrator
  • Warning: Memory errors found. Verify comments.

New and unique Twiggy disks are occasionally discovered, and the owners seek someone close-by that can archive their contents. Sometimes they ask me who they should go to, and as I don't know where all the Lisas with working Twiggy drives are located, a list would be beneficial.

Hence this request: If you have (or have access to) a Lisa with Twiggies, and are open to the possibility of helping someone archive their Twiggy media, please reply with appropriate info, for example:

I have (access to) a Lisa with Twiggy drives, and might be available to help with archiving Twiggy media.
  • General location: City, State, Country
  • Number of drives: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / ...
  • Experience archiving Twiggy Media: lots / moderate / minimal / none but willing to learn
  • Have archiving setup at hand (BLU & serial connection to modern computer for file transfers): Yes / No but willing
  • Notes:

If you have Twiggy drives that are not working or you don't have archiving set up, but would be willing to archive disks if you have help getting your setup working, please add yourself to the list with a note to that effect.
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.

sigma7

• Administrator
  • Warning: Memory errors found. Verify comments.
Re: Twiggy Archiving - List of Lisas w. Twiggy drives, by location
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 02:21:40 am »

I have a Lisa with working Twiggy drives, and might be available to help with archiving Twiggy media.

General location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Number of working drives: 2
Experience archiving Twiggy Media: moderate
Have archiving setup at hand (BLU & serial connection to modern computer for file transfers): Yes
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.

stepleton

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 07:28:34 am »

I have a Lisa with working Twiggy drives, and I certainly am available to help with archiving Twiggy media.

General location: London, UK
Number of working drives: 1.5*
Experience archiving Twiggy Media: moderate
Have archiving setup at hand (BLU & serial connection to modern computer for file transfers): Yes

* 1.5? Well, the half-working-drive can be made to work with manual application of pressure to the front of the disk, as detailed here. I'll be working on a proper mechanical fix in due time.

snuci

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 08:14:41 am »

I have a Lisa with working Twiggy drives, and might be available to help with archiving Twiggy media.

General location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Experience archiving Twiggy Media: minimal

byteshop

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 11:12:02 pm »

General location: Boston, MA USA
Experience archiving Twiggy Media: Lots, very experienced
Pages: [1]   Go Up