LisaList2

General Category => LisaList2 => Lisa Troubleshooting and Repair => Topic started by: bmwcyclist on August 01, 2026, 10:28:01 AM

Title: Is there an easy way to get around lisa terminal licensing?
Post by: bmwcyclist on August 01, 2026, 10:28:01 AM
I have a profile image that I'd like to keep using, but lisa terminal is not licensed for this lisa.

Is it possible to just reinstall from floppy?
Title: Re: Is there an easy way to get around lisa terminal licensing?
Post by: sigma7 on August 06, 2026, 11:30:45 PM
For the 7/7 applications, I believe you can just re-install (drag a fresh copy from a floppy that isn't serialized or has been deserialized).

I expect one can edit the ProFile image to deserialize too; Ray may have posted details about what is required.
Title: Re: Is there an easy way to get around lisa terminal licensing?
Post by: bmwcyclist on August 07, 2026, 08:48:10 AM
Quote from: sigma7 on August 06, 2026, 11:30:45 PMFor the 7/7 applications, I believe you can just re-install (drag a fresh copy from a floppy that isn't serialized or has been deserialized).

I expect one can edit the ProFile image to deserialize too; Ray may have posted details about what is required.

Thanks! I have some floppy images that I think are not serialized. Image editing seems like more work... I noticed his instructions in a document somewhere.