LisaList2

General Category => LisaList2 => Topic started by: bmwcyclist on August 22, 2026, 01:50:51 AM

Title: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: bmwcyclist on August 22, 2026, 01:50:51 AM

LisaCom NEW Terminal Software for the Apple LISA LOS Demo Video. FREE.

XModem, YModem, YModem batch.

Tested with Lisa 2/10 LOS 3.1 and Alex's FPGA LOS 3.1 using RetroDisks Wifi Modem as well as USB2Serial.

Made possible and built on the shared code by Alex the Cat, Stepleton, Sigma7, and all the great folks here at LisaList2.

Vibecoded with Claude.
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: ried on August 22, 2026, 02:35:45 AM
Nice going, Tim!  8)
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: bmwcyclist on August 22, 2026, 08:26:47 AM
Thank you!
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: bmwcyclist on August 23, 2026, 12:15:46 PM
Version 1.1 update.

Nothing big under the hood.

Improved buffering and display of text from BBS sites.

lc11screendemo.jpeg
lc11.jpeg
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: bmwcyclist on August 25, 2026, 12:40:29 PM
The GitHub:

LINK (https://github.com/GyroPilot)
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: dmac1267 on October 04, 2026, 01:38:14 AM
Is there a video showing you using LisaCom to transfer a file from a modern computer into Lisa?
I am running LisaEm and at some point the program I will be working in will need to be transferred from my Windows 11 into LisaEm that exists on the same computer.
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: bmwcyclist on October 04, 2026, 09:18:42 AM
Quote from: dmac1267 on October 04, 2026, 01:38:14 AMIs there a video showing you using LisaCom to transfer a file from a modern computer into Lisa?
I am running LisaEm and at some point the program I will be working in will need to be transferred from my Windows 11 into LisaEm that exists on the same computer.

Yes, it is an older version of the program though. I am WAY behind on making videos. I have been traveling and need to get caught up. Please let me know if you have any questions or feature requests!

Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: dmac1267 on October 05, 2026, 01:21:28 AM
I am assuming since I am running LisaEm on the same computer trying to transfer from, I need a serial terminal in Windows to send the file (like PuTTY).
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: bmwcyclist on October 05, 2026, 06:30:28 AM
Quote from: dmac1267 on October 05, 2026, 01:21:28 AMI am assuming since I am running LisaEm on the same computer trying to transfer from, I need a serial terminal in Windows to send the file (like PuTTY).

Yes, I use TeraTerm.

I use putty at work so I like the change of pace;)
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: dmac1267 on October 07, 2026, 01:46:13 AM
Google is not the best at giving clear instructions for setting this up
 >:(
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: bmwcyclist on October 07, 2026, 06:49:53 AM
Quote from: dmac1267 on October 07, 2026, 01:46:13 AMGoogle is not the best at giving clear instructions for setting this up
 >:(

What part of it are you setting up? Do you need a copy of the Read Me file?
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: dmac1267 on October 09, 2026, 01:29:34 AM
Ok. Either I am missing something or I have pudding for brains.

I use com0com to establish the virtual COM ports 5 and 6.
I know it works because I opened to terminals in TeraTerm for both COM 5 and 6. I could see typing in one echoed on the other.

Now I open TeraTerm to COM 6 and have LisaEm Serial B set to COM 5. I can't get a response from the terminal function nor can I transfer a test file I created just for this reason.

Like I said, I am missing something, or I have pudding for brains.
Title: Re: LISACom LOS Terminal software v1.0 Video Demo, software available for download
Post by: TorZidan on October 09, 2026, 02:22:34 PM
Make sure that in the LisaEm preferences, tab "ports",  under "Serial Port B", to choose "Serial" from the drop-down. Below it, enter the port number, e.g. "COM5", apply, restart, try again, observe the logs for errors.

I have not tried serial transfer in LisaEm on Windows, and I doubt many people have. I think your choice of "file transfer over virtual serial port on Windows" brings you into "uncharted territory".