LisaList2

General Category => LisaList2 => Topic started by: ried on October 03, 2026, 02:42:10 AM

Title: Softcon in February, 1984
Post by: ried on October 03, 2026, 02:42:10 AM
I happened upon an interesting VHS tape recording that Apple produced for their dealer network. It documents Macintosh and Lisa developers at an event called "Softcon" held February 21-23, 1984 at the Louisiana Superdome.

In the 23-minute long tape, various developers including Lotus, Microsoft, BPI Systems and many more are interviewed about the products they're developing for the new Apple 32 SuperMicros. Most of the developers were targeting the newly announced Macintosh platform. I watched closely for Lisa products, though, and here's what I saw.


I'll work on digitizing this video and putting it on YouTube, but here are a few low-fidelity smartphone pictures from the recording for fun in the meantime. StatPro looked like an early work-in-progress and was clearly abandoned after the show.
Title: Re: Softcon in February, 1984
Post by: mst3k on October 03, 2026, 01:54:46 PM
I wish I could grow out my mustache, put on my white shirt and tie, step into my time machine and go wander around that show floor for a day or two...