News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Main Menu

Reconstructing an auctioned Lisa

Started by berskyboy, August 22, 2026, 11:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigma7

#15
Quote from: berskyboy on Today at 06:07:37 PMOK so leaving it disconnected and making sure the back connector on the PSU is engaged (or the back cover is on), there should be life. 

There isn't but I think I need to watch Adrian's videos and again and check the cable I made to the motherboard.  I made a 60pin cable.  Is there another way to test it by passing the on button/or soft switch?

Do you recommend doing a bench controlled testing like Adrian has done also?

Normally, a Lisa will power up if you plug it in with the I/O Board missing, so you could try that first. (It won't run normally of course, but there will be signs of life.)

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "bench controlled testing", but given the adventure with the PSU, I recommend working on this Lisa complete rather than working on it apart.

Perhaps you should start by posting pictures of what you have, including:

  • The 60 pin cable you made, showing all connectors
  • Which motherboard you have
  • Which I/O Board you have

edit: I see now that a while ago it was established that you have a Lisa 1/5 motherboard and 2/10 I/O Board. We should still review what cable you've made.
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.