Reversing screen mod

From: Peter <pleonard_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:46:28 -0800 (PST)

Just a quick question that I can't find the answer to in the FAQ or archives -- how practical is it to 'reverse' the square pixel screen mod on later Lisa 2/Mac XL machines? I presume you would need to remove the transformer, as well as swap out a few chips? And that the original chips, if not saved by the owner, would be impossible to find?

I ask because it strikes me that, long-term, the value of running original Lisa OS(es) on original hardware will outpace the value of running System 6 under MacWorks, from a computer history point of view.