Re: Reversing screen mod

From: gilles <gilles.fetis_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 00:49:43 -0800 (PST)

> Note that the VSROM also contains the serial number of the machine, so
> if you've got anything that's keyed to that serial number, it will
> likely not work.
> However, since you've got the A8 ROM at this point, I highly doubt that
> anything under MacWorks or System 6 will care about the serial number,
> plus it's likely that the VSROMs for the modified Lisas aren't unique

Due to different timings, there is no serial number in square pixel video ROM.
The interesting point with John's video ROM... is that every ROM has the same serial
number, so you can directly run LOS tools if you have an Xprofile (you also get
this rom if you purchase an Xprofile, for the same reason).