Re: Lisa GEMDOS

From: gilles <gilles.fetis_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:27:47 -0800 (PST)

> AFAIK, the CP-M/68k is readily available, in fact there was a port of
> it the VAX called (obviously) CP-M/VAX. ÊI think the same may be true
> for GEM. ÊIf someone really wanted to, they could compile it for the
> Lisa I suppose, I can **try** and see what comes up

I'm still exploring... most gem programs in the archives runs on stock atari ST.
I could build a boot floppy that is supposed to be for lisa but. The tools are second generation
tools, it means that you need a working lisa GEMdos to build a new one. The main problem
is that when you run on atari, you create discs using atari GEMdos so in final atari disc geometry (ie mostly msdos). also such discs don't have the tags (only 0xAAAA type tag of first sector may be necessary to boot).
To make boot disc for lisa we need to:
_ define correct gemdos lisa disc geometry. _ create a disc image with this geometry and gemdos lisa binary (that seems to be present in the archive).