Greetings and a question regarding xprofile_tool

From: Geoff Shearer <geoffs_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:39:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I am new to the list. I own a lisa 2 that I purchased refurbished about 4 or 5 years ago. The seller had kindly provided a working system including an xprofile and a number of CF cards with software.

The lisa has, unfortunately, died. I may try to fix it, but that is another story. I found xprofile_tool from giles as well as the excellent idle emulator. I have successfully imaged and converted my CF cards to files that boot up with the emulator.

However, I cannot run the applications (write, calc, etc) or the workshop editor because the serial number on the virtual lisa does not match my hardware (or at least I believe that is the problem).

Is there any solution to this problem? I know Lisaem allows you to specify a serial number for the virtual lisa, but I do not believe that is the case with idle. I would be grateful for any suggestions. I have tired to search this list, but have not found what I needed. Thanks in advance,

Geoff