My first lisa.

From: Stephen M. Jones <smj_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 00:04:57 -0500 (CDT)

When I was a kid I remember getting the issue of BYTE with the Lisa on the cover and reading that article over and over again .. I thought it was really the coolest thing but I wasn't successful in convincing my dad to buy us one..

anyway, its 20+ years later and I've picked up a Lisa 2 with an issue.

The board set (backplane and all) was pulled out and tested in a known working lisa, and it booted and ran just fine .. when put back in its own chassis, it will not power on. The machine is in almost immaculate shape and I've pulled the power supply and I don't see any blown components, nor any browning from extended running. I was told by the person who sold me it that he believed it was either the power supply or possibly the power switch.

I tried following the few links on the lowendmac website, but alot of them seem to be nonexistent sites. What I wanted to know was, what points should I be checking and what readings on my volt meter should I get?

If there is a local lisa fanatic (in Seattle) who is willing to try out my PS, let me know.

This is the first time I've actually gotten to touch/open a lisa .. I really like the way its constructed ..