Re: Lisa Software

From: Ray Arachelian <ray.arachelian_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 22:57:34 -0400

On 4/2/07, Steve Hatle <shatle_at_email.domain.hidden> wrote:

"Big in Japan", eh? :-) See, you spend 10 years of your life writing an
> emulator for a fairly obscure piece of hardware/software, and now you're
> internationally famous. Sigh- and to think I knew him when... :-)

There's even a Russian version as well. Babelfish did as good a job on this, which is to say it's nearly useless.

http://www.mactime.ru/Environ/WebObjects/mactime.woa/2/wa/Main?textid=6961&level1=mactimes&wosid=rrSRvMJJdYd7CdcLebqqKw

No worries, I won't let it get to my head. Besides, now there's that many more people to tell me where the bugs are. I can't say that I'm not enjoying the press, but the real upside is that it's helping my goal to have this emulator survive in the long term. It's probably too early to say that, so I'll wait another 10 years and see if it's still in use.

Besides, by then my kid will be old enough to play with it, and hopefully my Lisas will also last long enough for him to play with them.

I was going to do another release this morning, but, when I saw the super high load on the server I thought I'd wait a couple of days and let the poor box rest a bit.

Unfortunatley the timing is a bit off as things are getting super busy at work until the end of the month. I'll try to release probably the day after tomorrow if I can, as tomorrow, like today, will be another hell-day. I likely won't be able to put in bug fixes for quite some time. But look at it this way, the day job pays the bills, so that I can put food on the table, so I can spend the free time coding the emulator. :-)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---