Re: Lisa 1 on Ebay

From: Chandra <cbajpai_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 05:46:51 -0800 (PST)

I'm surprised it went so quickly, esp. in the economy.

As a few of you know I was lucky to get a Lisa-1 a few years back. Mine came a missile testing range in South Africa. The retired tech who sold it to me said it was a "Lisa-2" and had a bunch of pare parts (the Lisa-1 upgrade kit!). I think this unit got stranded in South Africa because Apple shutdown it's operations there in the 80s. I had him put it back together into it's original Lisa-1 form and even tested it. I got enough spare parts to build another Lisa-1 (less twiggies).

This particular still has it's original 85W 220V power supply. I've got to buy a 110V power supply for it and the Profile so I can get it to operational. But now the machine is so rare and valuable I'm afraid to turn it on!

-Chandra