Re: Lisa I/O board troubleshooting, and schematic weirdness

From: Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 05:25:13 -0700 (PDT)

> Ian, Did you soak the boards in
> dilute vinegar for an extended
> period?

I did not soak the boards - I did clean them with vinegar and a toothbrush, scrubbing the corrosion the best I could, then rinsed in alcohol. I did not actually submerse the boards in the vinegar though.

  My Lisa 2/5s were horribly corroded and didn't
> start
> functioning until the boards were immersed overnight and
> carefully
> scrubbed.  I think there was green "crud" underneath
> some of the
> chips.

That's a good point - there could still be junk underneath chips - what concentration vinegar did you use?

-Ian