Re: Lisa not powering up

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:57:16 -0800

Yes, the motherboards can be swapped between chassis' as the power, keyboard, power button, video, and speaker connections are the same.

HOWEVER, the wiring for the drive cage ribbon cables is different, and internal drives can be damaged if you mismatch the motherboard and the chassis wiring.

So, make sure you disconnect the drive cage cables before doing this test.

I vaguely recall an exception to the swap functionality... I think it is that the serial ports don't work with one of the configurations due to an unconnected power pin. This problem doesn't prevent general power-up testing.