Re: Lisa won't shut off

From: Ken Boyle <kenboyle55_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 15:34:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hey everyone! I am very happy to say I got Lisa working again!

I scraped off all of the corroded coatings on the io board and used some vinegar and water to neutralize it (I couldn't believe the previous owner didn't do it already) I also observed that c50 (I think it was) looked a little loose or bent so I also straitened it and it looked just not right, like the leg was loose. So I straightened it the best I could, put it all back together and now it works again!

I am probably going to replace c50 in the future but for now it works great :)

I also plan to hit the motherboard with some vinegar to see if it bubbles also and neutralizes the base that's eating away at it slowly.

I am very happy and gratefull for all that helped with solutions to this problem.

I can now fully enjoy my Lisa once again!

Thanks again!