Got an IDEfile working...

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 22:16:13 -0700 (PDT)

Tucked into a ProFile case and hooked up to the Lisa; running now. Photos and details here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/111277295218242599627/albums/6068783129415744593

Thanks to Dr. Patrick Schäfer for answering questions! Some details at the link if you click "Read more".

I asked a question a while ago about weird voltages from the ProFile PSU---and got some helpful replies about how the PSU doesn't push out rated voltages unless it's under a fair amount of load. I only needed the 5v supply, so rather than figure out how to get rid of a watt or two in order to get 5v (instead of 7v or so), I just put one of these tiny switching voltage regulators
(https://www.google.com/#q=murata+voltage+regulator&tbm=shop) on the 12v line and called it done.

Definitely a fun project, but the computer is so quiet without the ProFile making all that noise...

--Tom