Re: Got an IDEfile working...

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 08:23:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jerome,

You have two options that I'm aware of:

You can order an X/ProFile from VintageMicros: http://vintagemicros.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/products_id/282 If you want to use it in a ProFile case with the ProFile power supply, you should probably also get this voltage regulator board: http://vintagemicros.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/products_id/100 which handles the PSU voltage issue I described earlier.

The X/ProFile looks pretty easy to install.

Option 2 (the one I took) is to order an IDEfile circuit board and ROM/GAL chips from Dr. Schäfer
http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/patrick/idefile.htm then order all the parts on the partslist from your favorite electronics supplier:
http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/patrick/data/Partlist.txt and then work out your own way to install it in a ProFile case if that's what you want to do.

The IDEfile requires hours of work to assemble. If you like soldering electronics kits together, it's a lot of fun. I love that stuff, and for one reason or another it still took me three years to complete!

--Tom