Re: Tips for making Twiggy images

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 23:28:08 -0800

>If you do produce an image of these Workshop Twiggy disks, please
>include the TAG DATA too. I don't know how BLU works, so don't know
>if including tag data is the default.

BLU always includes the tags in the DC42 image when a twiggy is read.

(BTW, I vaguely recall that it will accept a DC42 image with no tag bytes when writing a disk from an image, as a few Mac images like that were found.)

>Per the Macintosh Disk Copy v4.2 format

Note that the twiggy image created by BLU is in DC42 format as much as possible, but DiskCopy itself (and probably all other software, with the possible exception of a Lisa 1 emulator) has no knowledge of twiggy disk images and won't be able to do anything with it.

>12 (the tag size the BLU utility seems to use)

12 is the number of tag bytes supported by the Lisa Floppy Disk Controller. Since the CPU is well insulated from the disk hardware by the controller, it would be quite difficult to implement more tag bytes.

James