Re: Pictures of the Priam DataTower?

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 21:19:50 -0800

>It sounds like some members of this list have a Priam DataTower.
>I've done a bit of looking on Google Images and can't find a picture
>of one of these beasties, just some period articles talking about
>their use on IBM PCs.
>
>I'd love to know what these units look like, and I bet some others
>on the list do as well :)

I had given up hope on finding one of these, and had started to believe it had never become an actual product, but a couple of years ago, a few surfaced.

I believe The Computer History Museum has some in unknown operating condition but intact.

The one beside me here is very much disassembled and in disarray; it took quite a lot of effort to troubleshoot and even a modification of the controller board to get it working, but it does.

My plan has been to add support for the DataTower's tape drive to BLU, then tidy everything up and take pictures as I put it all back together. I'll see if I can get some usable interim pictures later this month.

James